QUICK! Check out some go-to items to incorporate into your daily diet!
1) Dr. Bronners Coconut Oil
– Purchase at: Earthfare/Fresh Market
– 1 tbsp in the AM & 1 tbsp in the PM
– Other uses: as cooking oil (melts easily), body oil, on toast w/ cinnamon, in oatmeal
– Purchase at: any grocery store
-The BEST in “Green Smoothies”
-High Iron & fiber content
3) Flax Seed / Ground Flax Seed
-Purchase at: Earthfare, Trader Joes, Publix, Kroger, Fresh Market
-High in: Omega-3 fatty acids & fiber
– Mix in: Green smoothies, oatmeal, etc.
4) Chia Seeds
– Purchase at: Earthfare, Trader Joes, Publix, Kroger, Fresh Market
-They absorb liquids & expand…hence “feel fuller longer”
-Add to: green smoothies, yogurt, oatmeal, etc.
-Good source of Fiber/Omega-3’s
-Good for your Heart Health
-Purchase at: GNC/Online/WholeFoods/Local Health Shop
-Favorites: Double Dark Chocolate, Cookies n’ Creme, Cookie Dough
-20 grams protein, high in fiber, and best part…NO SUGAR!
6) Almond Butter
– Raw/Organic (you can start with salted at first, but unsalted is better for you)
7) Sweet Potatoes
-NATURE’S MOST WHOLESOME FOOD! (in my personal bias opinion 😉 )
8) Brown Rice
-very high protein and fiber content